I have been meaning to write this post since Monday, but kept putting it off. However, our family would covet your prayers for our little baby. I started spotting a week ago on the 3rd. Since we were out of town, we decided to wait until Monday to get back to my doctors. We got in on Monday and had good news and bad news. First, the good, the baby looks great! Measured at exactly 10 weeks and 1 day, right on time. Moved around the whole time, heart beat was nice and strong at 167. Hard to believe how much the baby has changed in just 3 short weeks.
The bad news is that I have a blood clot in my uterus that is causing the source of the bleeding. Basically, the blood clot can either reabsorb back into the uterus or it can liquefy. If it continues to bleed, it can cause the placenta to tear away from the uterus and I will loose the baby. The Dr. said that “well, today we know the baby is okay, in three days it could be a different story”. Nice. He told me that there is nothing I can really do and we will know something sooner rather than later. I will “have to put up with more bleeding and the mental unrest” and if the bleeding gets worse then I will end up loosing the baby. He told me that I need to take it easy but that nothing I do is going to cause the miscarriage. “It either will happen or it won’t”. So, Joe put it perfectly that this gives us the perfect opportunity to trust God.
I feel relieved to have seen our baby and seen the heartbeat. At the same time I feel anxious that at any moment the baby could be gone. Up until yesterday I had no more spotting since Saturday. I am very thankful for that. I have truly felt the Lord's peace and He has given me the grace I need to rest in Him and trust in His goodness for me.
So, for today, I choose to be thankful for the healthy baby that is continuing to grow within me. Please pray for us and that the clot will reabsorb itself. I am hopeful since we have made it to Friday without any significant blood loss. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. I know this all to well. May His will be done and may He get all the glory.
7/11/08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Oh, Suz, I know the waiting is the hardest part, but the Lord will draw you and Joe closer to Him through this! We are praying for you and that precious life in your belly! Love you!
Been praying for you this week! Thanks for the update
Im praying Susie-love you,
Teresa
I'm glad you have made it to Friday! I'm praying for you and the precious baby!
What a great outlook you have! Only someone who truly knows and respects the Lord could look at a situation like this that way. I'll be praying for you and baby Lovekamp!!!!
I will be praying for you and the baby
! But if I may offer any reassurance as an "old" L&D nurse, I have seen so many unexpected occurances in a pregnancy that have turned out well...and I have been blessed enough to even see a few true miracles, so I believe that God will take care of you and this baby! If you need an ear or have any questions, let me know! krosson_proverbs3130@yahoo.com
Susie, I am definitely praying. I'm so sorry. Your outlook on all of this is so encouraging. Love, Dana
praying for y'all!
praying for you!
I am so praying for you, Joe and the sweet baby growing in you.
I am praying sweet friends!
I'm praying for you, Susie! Please keep us updated...
Post a Comment