Saturday we had the privilege to finally meet Ashlei and Graham's new baby boy, Grady Hudson!!! What a sweet, precious, tiny baby he is! You forget that yours were ever that small. It was such a dream to hold him and snuggle him on my chest. There is nothing like a newborn baby! It made me so excited to get to do it one more time. I hope to soak up this last baby as much as possible. So far it sure has been memorable!
Madeline was intrigued with Grady. She got right up to his carrier and was checking him out. That was until Daddy picked up the baby and she didn't want anything to do with that (See picture on the left middle row). But as soon as Daddy picked her up as well, all was fine (see next picture). The one of all the Lovekamps plus Grady is a glimpse of our future... WOW!
Ashlei and Graham are doing great and are wonderful parents. It was so fun for me to see Ash with her longed for baby boy. I mean, that girl loves her some babies! She reminded me of a story about my dad that I thought I would share. About 11 years ago, late at night at the waffle house, my parents are eating after partying at City Stages. Dad, who can't meet a stranger and loves a cute girl, starts up a conversation with the girls in the booth next to him. One of them happens to be Ashlei (whom I had never met), who was about to be a freshmen going through Rush at Alabama. Dad starts going on and on about how she MUST pledge AXO and that his daughter is and AXO and they are the best at Alabama, that all the women in his family (including mom were Phi Mu's) but AXO was the way to go. He even goes so far as to get her number and proceeds to call me the next day to tell me we MUST rush Ashlei! Even more hilarious is that we actually were already rushing Ashlei and I knew all her "stats" from high school! Who knew that she would end up being one of my best friends! My Dad loved him some Ashlei, always taking the credit for our friendship! In the end, while I was in China, Ashlei would go grocery shopping for my Mom and go and sit with Dad and get him to drink his milkshakes and behave...I mean he couldn't say no to such a pretty girl who loved him as well!



7 comments:
That picture of Madeline is awesome! You are going to have your hands full!! So fun! :)
What a sweet story about Ashlei and your dad!!!
Grady is precious. I can't wait to meet him myself. If they can squeeze in a little photo shoot while they are here.
"Sleeping and Snoring" ADORABLE!! And speaking of adorable....you are too cute with your baby bump. Glad you got to see Ash.
Cute bump! OMB stands for The Office of Management and Budget. Love the story too about Ash. I didnt know it!
cute baby!
What a neat story about Ash and your dad! Small world and a wonder always how God works in our lives. Isn't Grady a doll? I have been keeping up with them on their blog also! So glad you got to see the three of them!
Friends are the flowers in the garden of life. Daddy would be proud and take all the credit.
Post a Comment