9/2/09

Our little champ


Before...eating her IV

Poor baby girl...O2 monitor and IV

Afterwards...she was a cute, sleepy girl
Well we made it! Things couldn't have gone any better! Praise be to our God! I am so thankful that we serve such a loving God who is in the details. Everyone at the hospital today was so nice and took great care of us, from the doctor to the nurses and techs. Sadie did really well getting her IV despite a few tears. It sure was a shock to see her little hand all bandaged up. Sadie handled the sedation great and never actually closed her eyes the whole time! It was surreal. I was able to stay in the room with her while they took the scan and in a matter of minutes it was all over! Even as we were walking her back, she was waking up! We were so thankful for this. I had a few teary moments, starting with sweet Steve Johnson calling and praying for us. I was so encouraged by this small act of kindness and love. This morning I read in Jesus Calling, "Living in dependence on Me is a glorious adventure...You consciously live, move, and have your being in Me, desiring that I live in you. I in you, and you in Me. This is the intimate adventure I offer you." And what an adventure it is! I am so thankful that we serve such a loving God who is in the details of our lives. He has wonderfully made us and we can rest in this truth. We still haven't heard the results. Hoping we will know something tomorrow. Thank you for your prayers, calls, emails and texts. It truly means so much to us. I'll keep you posted.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

natalie said...

Can't wait to hear the results. I'm praying.

The Burgess Family said...

Prayed for you guys yesterday and anxious to hear the results. Loving Sadie's red hair. She is too cute! Looks like mom is a champ too. That had to be a tough thing to go through.

Kelly said...

Praising the Lord with you!!! Love you so much!

Ashley said...

Hey Suz! I was just catching up on your blog and was so sad to hear what's going on with Sadie..Andy and I prayed for y'all last night and will continue to. Hope y'all get some good news soon!(:

Leigh Collins said...

I'm a little behind on reading everyone's posts this week and hated to read that Sadie had to have all of those procedures. I know the seizure was so scary for you and Joe. I am praying for a good report!