
Meeting the Family...Sadie got to meet Aunt Meg, Great Grandpa and Great Grandma! My mom and I loaded up all the kids, including cousin Clayton and headed off to see my grandparents at their assisted living home. We didn't know how to manage all these kids through a huge establishment, so we loaded them in the grocery cart! We were a sight to see, a special delivery if you will! My grandparents were so glad to meet Sadie and see their great grandchildren. Grandpa, who is 90, was able to hold Sadie for a few seconds before she almost slipped out of his sweet hands!

The kids enjoyed hunting eggs, dyeing them (though I didn't get any pictures because it lasted all of 2 minutes), and getting their Easter baskets. We brought Grandma back with us for the day and that was nice. When I think back about Easters, I always think of spending them with my grandma. We always dyed eggs together, even when Joe and I were dating, we made a trip over to see Grandma and did that with her. Grandma didn't know what to think as she watched Noah, Clayton and Maddie drop the eggs into the dye, fish them out with their hands and go again! It was kinda funny to watch her face! She is the artist in the family and it didn't suit her well that the eggs were just one color with no decorations! We did the best we could! I like to think that I get my creativity from her!

This is our attempt to get a family picture on Easter morning...it is IMPOSSIBLE!

I was able to bribe Maddie with her chocolate bunny to get these pictures! My sister was bobbing it in front of the camera! Noah wouldn't take the bait. After much threatening and bribery, I gave up! Sadie also met her Aunt Jenn for the first time. We had a great weekend with our family. Thanks Mom for making it so special.
(keep scrolling...playing blogger catch-up)

2 comments:
The Easter traditions continue by passing on the love on our Lord's amazing day. My pleasure and joy love Mom
looks like you guys had wonderful easter fun! family pictures are impossible with kids! i think we all have these kind of photos...i suggest photoshop! you know, take the "good" face off each person and put them all into one picture! :) ha!
Post a Comment