Lauren, Donna and myself outside the Sommet Center
among 22,ooo other women!!
mommies away for the weekend... what a treat!
Lauren, Donna and I went to Nashville this past weekend to a womens conference featuring Beth Moore, Kay Arthur, and Priscilla Shirer! It was amazing! It was a two day event called Deeper Still with each of the ladies teaching a session and then all three of them on a panel at the end. We heard some great teaching and came away refreshed and renewed in our walks with the Lord as well as wives and mothers! The ladies had a frank and hilarious discussion at the end. Wouldn't you know if you put 22,ooo women together, some fun and juicy subjects would come up!!! Our husbands are going to send us away on these weekends more often! Speaking of the daddies, you might wonder what three daddies did with their children when mommy was away to play? Run to their mamas of course!!! Joe went to Augusta to his parents, Matt's parents came up from South Carolina and Sam wins the medal for staying home all by himself with three kids (though he did put in a phone call to his mom and she was out of town!)
I had the best time road tripping with two of my closest friends, being girls, eating great food, being challenged in the Word together, sharing our hearts, and no children (or husbands!) to pull us in a hundred different directions... It was like being back in college! While it was a wonderful time, we were ready to get back to the blessings that the Lord has given us. Though, when I walked through the front door, Joe was literally knee deep in poop! Both kids decided to blow out (again, literally) their diapers at the same time! All Joe could say was, "Boy, I'm glad you are home! Good timing!" I could only laugh as I was on my hands and knees scrubbing up poop within minutes of my homecoming! Children ARE a blessing from the Lord!

6 comments:
Too funny about the poop! Im leaving my Madeline for the first time this weekend with Daddy (and his mom-of course) for a girls/moms trip to the beach. I heard that conference was awesome. Glad you got to go!
Love, Teresa
Some ladies from our church went to that conference, but I was out of town. Hope to catch the next one. Glad you had fun. Clayton blew out probably 5 diapers last week and is finally back to normal. Our fellas just aren't sure how to handle that huh! Good for you for getting away for a weekend! By the way, I'm getting out my book and letters this week so hopefully my friends will send Noah some great books!!
How refreshing!! I bet it was so fun. Nashville is such a great city. Tell Joe I said good for him!! I don't think I trust Kev that much yet! Great to talk to you the other day...
I'm jealous!!! I'm glad you had fun and I bet Joe was glad to have you back.
Oh, that sounds like such a great weekend! I'm glad you are refreshed and ready to go again. Your sweet husbands! That's hilarious that they all called in for reinforcements!!
So glad you enjoyed your weekend away. You'll have to hold some of that renewal in reserve for those "poopie" parenthood moments. We were thrilled to have Joe, Noah, and Madeline for the weekend. Missed you!
Post a Comment