3/24/08

Our trip to Arenzville


These are some pictures from our time in Arenzville, IL. Joe's parents grew up in this tiny farming town. All of their family still live there. It is always so fun to visit because it is so different than what we are used to. I am always fascinated by life on the farm! The plane ride went wonderful and Noah thought he was blasting off with the Little Einsteins! We patted our way to "blast off'!!! We were able to stay with Grandma Lovekamp (top right) which was a real treat. She had so many neat toys that Joe, Josh and Tara played with when they were little. She even had the highchair that Papa used! It was very special.

Madeline was a little ham! She brought many smiles to our faces. In the bottom left picture, you can see how long the counter is at Grandpa Kleinschmitdts. She used this as her stage bascially! Madeline would take steps all down the counter while making these funny faces! She loved the fiances of Joe's cousins, as well as their hats and beer cans! All three great grand kids proved to be a great distraction for all!

We are looking forward to being back for Julie's wedding in September!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gammie & Papa said...

The joy of the little ones in the family does so much to bring comfort in the loss of Mom. I have to believe she was aware of the love we all felt as we came together in her honor. I'm so grateful that you were able to be there.

With Love,
Karen

Leigh Collins said...

Our kids love the farm life too (Sam's parents live on one)! I'm still getting used to it, but we always have a blast! It's amazing how much you learn to appreciate "slowing" down on the farm! I'm glad you all were able to go and spend some wonderful family time together and celebrate life!