First we'll start with the "sweet face"! She does smile a lot and is quite charming. It takes a minute for her to warm up, but when she does she is sweet as pie!
The other famous look is "the look". This is how she lets you know that she is not interested in whatever you are offering. (Disclaimer: this is the sweeter of "the look")
This version of "the look" is accompanied by the pursed lip with a "hmp" grunt! It is hard to keep a straight face when she sasses me with this one! Sadie gives this look out to the Lowes cashier, random strangers who try to talk to her, she is not partial!
This is "the look" when she is seriously unhappy and we brace ourselves for...
the tantrum! The tantrum almost always occurs on the floor (no matter where we are, the store, the car, the baseball field) and is often accompanied with vomit!
I am thankful that this is a season and it too shall pass! I do love this baby girl! It has been very difficult and stressful lately and I am praying that the speech therapist will be able to help Sadie and us. It must be hard to hit your 2's and not be able to communicate well! Sometimes I want to fling myself on the floor and scream myself!

3 comments:
Those faces are too cute!!!! All 3 of my children have thrown tantrums like that. It is very hard to remain calm! I really hope the speech therapy helps, but also know that she just may be a tantrum thrower. Both my girls have been very verbal and both still threw big tantrums. Abigail still does a lot at 2 1/2. Whew! Aren't the two's fun?!?
This is too funny! I love that you have names/i.d.'s for each face. The vomit cracks me up, only because our daughter has come close to that before and we have wondered if she was the only one!
Anna (Stokes) Sullins
I received an forwarded e-mail today from Sharon where you talked about your ongoing search for answers with Sadie and was bombarded with so many emotions...I learned that Aunt Gloria has colon cancer...along with your Aunt Meg..you've had polyps for 3 years...your daughter is having to go through so many tests that she can't understand...I was feeling very overwhelmed by it all. I clicked on the link to your blog and I kept reading and scrolling with tears running down my face....then I came to "The Many Looks of Sadie" and I started to smile..when I read the vomit part I laughed out loud. Oh my..you've got a spunky little girl there..but I think she has a spunky Mom too. I want you to know that I will have all of you in my thought and prayers. I know that with your strong faith you can get through this.
Beverly Greene
Post a Comment