7/21/10

Honoring Granddaddy

Monday marked 6 years of my dad's death. While I was in the playroom with Sadie, Noah and Madeline came out of their room with their Alabama attire on. Unaware of the significance of the day, I shared with them what this day meant. I thought it was pretty appropriate to wear our Alabama clothes to honor Granddaddy! I thought he would be quite proud! I was able to spend time remembering my dad and grieving my loss during their naps. The pain and emotion is as raw as it was 6 years ago. To include them this year we looked at some pictures of Granddaddy and we sent balloons up to heaven. It was quite moving watching them silently, peacefully float away. We stood there a long time watching them float away until we could no longer pick them out. The kids really enjoyed this and I think it was a neat way to honor my dad and remember his life.


We love you and miss you Daddy Boy.
Our Sadie Baby FINALLY started walking last week! She is 17 1/2 months old and started to make us worry! We are so thankful to see her walking all over the place. She seems much happier and is right in the middle of everyone playing! She is a doll with purses on her arms, necklaces draped around her neck, and holding anything she can get her hands on!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

So sweet. I know it's a hard day so I'm glad you made good memories with the kids celebrating your dad. Love the houndstooth bow:)

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

what a sweet way to remember your dad. i said a little prayer for you and hope that the kids and new memories comfort you.

natalie said...

Love that the kids can know about their granddaddy and you can share your sweet memories with them.

Sadie looks like such a big girl!