2/4/09
One Week Old!
It's hard to believe that Sadie is already one week old! It went by so fast already. I am bracing myself for it to go even quicker this time, but I want to savor every moment. Sadie had a great appointment on Monday. She had only lost 2 ounces and her color, though we were convinced she was very yellow, our pediatrician assured us she was just fine! That was a relief! Mysteriously, she measured at 18 3/4 inches and in the hospital she was 19 1/4"! Too bad I've already written the latter one down on everything! She is finally sleeping in her bassinet at night and I am waking her up to feed her. The beauty is that she is going right back down with no fussing! Today she spit up a good amount for the first time so I am hoping it was just a fluke and she won't have acid reflux like her siblings. Everyone is asking "well, how's it going?" and my response is "I'll let you know on Monday when my help is gone!" So far it's not bad at all...no cooking, no cleaning, no laundry, no dishwasher loading... Life is good! I am so thankful for our time with Mimi and now with Gammie! We are so blessed to have these women as our mothers and grandmothers for our children. We love you both!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Wow! Has it really been a week? I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. I hope you are able to enjoy your new babe as much as I have. Everyone kept telling me it was going to get hard any day. I kept waiting for it to happen, but it's still really great. I can't imagine life without him. I can't wait to meet Sadie!!
Glad to hear things are going well - you'll do fine when the help leaves! Enjoy every moment - they get big FAST!!!!
Susie, she is beautiful. And Isaac told me to tell you that he thinks she is beautiful as well. :) i can't believe they were born on the same day!! how crazy is that!! i hope you are getting some sleep--after having isaac i honestly don't know how mothers with toddlers do it. you are an inspiration!
Post a Comment