10/6/08

Survive Your 30's

Well, I finally crossed over into the 30's last week! I finally caught up to most of my sweet friends! Not so bad as it was back in high school! Joe and I were able to take our last trip to St. Simons without the kids last weekend. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed some beautiful weather. Laying out on the beach and reading a great book was my highlight (not to mention beating the dawgs)! There is nothing like time spent with Joe with no interruptions. My mom came to stay with the kids and they all had a ball.
I felt very loved all week with calls from my family, friends past and present, cards, emails, flowers and chocolate cake from my man. Kelly sent me the best gift... a "Survive your 30's" kit! It was truly unique and very thoughtful. I was very touched. Kelly pointed out in her card that the Lord has chosen to bless me with wonderful friends no matter where He takes me. I was able to recount all the many friendships that have touched my life throughout my first 30 years. I am so thankful for each and everyone. I got to have lunch with my girls here in Macon on Tuesday and they had a big surprise for me on Saturday. As soon as I get the pictures, I will share about our fun adventure! Thanks to all who made my big, anticipated 30th birthday very special. I love you all!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Maggie Pelton said...

Oh, can I feel any worse right now? Please forgive my forgetfulness at such a monumental birthday. I love you dearly and apologize for my lack of acknowledgement of your birthday. Happy Birthday Sweet Friend!

Matt & Kadie Laughlin said...

So glad you had a great day!! You look great!

Jim Lovekamp said...

You better all be wearing DAWG outfits this weekend!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

I'm glad you had a good 30th birthday! You look so cute!

Anonymous said...

Glad you loved your bag of goodies...given any smiles yet? :)