2/20/12

Little School Girl

Happy Girl at school

You can see that "lovie" is never far from Sadie. Lovie now has blue paint and lots of other school wounds!


This is not a great picture of Sadie, but a realistic one. You can see the dark circles under her eyes from the 8 months of interrupted sleep.
Sadie started school on January 30. She has continued to adjust as the days go on. She has a hard time dropping off every day. The teacher said she cries hard for about five minutes and then does great. She loves Chloe, the only other girl! Though one day when Chloe was absent, I was told that Sadie was holding hands with Chloe's man, Donnie!!! The teachers were hootin' and hollerin' saying "what happens at school stays at school"...they would not be telling Chloe!!! I thought that was priceless!

 I have been more than encouraged and impressed with her teachers. So thankful! Ms. Brooks will even text me and let me know how she is doing, especially when it has been a bad drop off. It is obvious that they already love and care about Sadie. It makes this transition so much easier. We totally see the Lord's gracious hand in this as well as moving us to this house, this county, which  puts us in this school system.

Sadie also started riding the bus in the mornings last week. The first day was beyond heartbreaking as we were both sobbing. It felt very much out of my control and I just wondered what she was thinking as I put her on this bus of strangers and it drove away. I was able to call the driver, Ms. Pam, a little later and she assured me that Sadie had done well and stopped crying soon after they had left our house. Each day got better and better and by Friday, she was not whining or crying! I am hopeful that this will continue to get better.

We continue to be amazed at how the Lord provides. Just two weeks ago, a card showed up anonymously in the mailbox with $100, a family cousin randomly (not really, God's providence ) sent a check for $140... the exact amount of one medicine for one month, and another one for $200! We have also been taking Sadie to holistic doctors and this is an out of pocket expense. They have encouraged us to look at the ways we are eating and to begin eating organically. This is hard in many ways...I am not a healthy eater and it is expensive to do so. However, I would do anything for Sadie and so the research begins. The Lord has been gracious to provide friends in our lives who are already on this path, so that is super helpful.

God continues to be real to us and is tenderly carrying us through this time. We praise Him for His grace and all the ways He leads us and keeps us from falling.

Thank you for being one of the ways he carries us...through your prayers, emails, texts, calls, meals... We are not meant to carry this burden alone. Grateful for your willingness to shoulder this trial with us.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: