8/19/08

Happy Birthday to Joe!



Last weekend we were able to go to Lake Martin with the college gang WITHOUT the kids!!! It was so relaxing and wonderful to be with everybody! We actually got to sit on the dock without distraction, float in the lake, take boat rides, and Joe was able so ski! We attempted to sleep in but when you are used to getting up so early it makes it hard! (or it just means we are getting OLD!) It was still wonderful to sit out on the deck, looking out at the lake while all was QUIET! It's the little things that you begin to appreciate. One of the best things about this trip was that we did not cook!!! Kelly came up with the idea to get food from Ashley Mac's and it was amazing! I am so jealous that we don't live in Birmingham and get to indulge there! The chicken and spinach lasagna was to die for! We also celebrated Joe's birthday (two days early) with an Ashley Mac's strawberry cake! Though Joe was quite confused why I got him a pink cake! His exact words were, "Oh, you got me a pink cake!!!" Hey, at least I got blue candles!
The bottom pictures are of Noah making Daddy "happy birthday" pictures on Monday! We had fun celebrating Joe's birthday with a trip to the office to surprise Daddy with lunch and his sign! Then Joe and I got a night out by ourselves! Happy Birthday to my man! I can't imagine doing life with anybody else. We are all so blessed. We love you!

6 comments:

Maggie Pelton said...

Happy Birthday to Joe, again! Is it just me or do I look mentally disturbed in that bottom left pic?

Leigh Collins said...

So jealous!!! I can't remember the last time Sam and I took an adult trip (aside from work trips)! It was definitely before I was got pregnant with Anna! Too long ago!

The Burgess Family said...

Man! I am so sad we couldn't make the lake trip. It looked like so much fun. Glad you guys had such a good time! We had fun in St. Simons and I thought of you when we passed the 4th of May Cafe.

Anonymous said...

Love the fun pics! It's makes me want to go back and do the weekend over again...it went by way too fast! Love ya'll!

Ashley said...

so glad y'all had fun Susie! and glad you enjoyed the food too! Tell Joe I can dye the icing blue next year(: ha

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

what a wonderful get together. i told julia and rach that i was jealous you guys have been able to keep in touch and live close enough for get togethers!