This is my sweet Aunt Meg. She is one of my Dad's younger sisters. We recently found out that she has colon cancer...just like her brother. I was pretty stunned to hear the news, as most of us were. Meg was a tremendous support system to my dad as he battled his colon cancer. She drove him to appointments, chemo, radiation, surgeries,cared for him while my mom worked...he looked to her for support and encouragement. Meg and I have shared some moments together that most people just don't go through. She was also by our side when my dad passed into the arms of Jesus seven years ago. I am forever grateful for this woman. Meg showed Daddy great love, support and wouldn't take his crap! I am sure this is why he loved her too! I love to hear stories of the two of them when they were little...how she is would chase him around with a bat because he would have pushed her too far! Meg shared with me that Dad was her inspiration as he had battled this cancer with a positive attitude and determination. She tells me of how he would greet all the workers at the hospital by name and pass out candy to them! How I miss that man!
I am asking that you lift Meg up in prayer. Today, she has checked in to St. Vincents for surgery. I can't imagine the irony she must feel today as this is the same hospital she took my dad.We don't know the severity yet of the cancer, just that it is there. Please pray for her two surgeons, that the cancer has not spread to her lymph nodes and that she would rest in the peace that only God gives. Thank you so much.

1 comment:
Oh Susie that's tough! I know y'all are upset about this...I'll be thinking and praying for your Aunt Meg!
Post a Comment