7/10/09

A Terrible, Horrible, No good, Very bad day...

So today I had one of those days...where every thing seems to go wrong. I took the kids, along with some friends, to Lane Packing Company, a peach orchard where we played, ate lunch, and enjoyed homemade peach ice cream. Most of the stress came from toting three small children on a "field trip" that were at various times, disobedient, whiny, accident proned, did I mention disobedient? So after the 30 minute ride home where all I could think about was taking a nap (all this coming from a mama who is still not sleeping consistently through the night and who has a very bad headache) we finally make it. After I carry each sleeping child in one by one to their respective bed/crib/bassinet. I collapse onto the couch only to realize that I still haven't taken any meds for my killer headache. I willed myself off the couch, go to cabinet to get a glass of water, somehow the glass falls off, SHATTERS/EXPLODES and cuts my hand in five places…in my panic of blood, glass and real fear of passing out (how did I ever make it 3 years in nursing school?) I call Natalie (and Joe but he wasn’t answering) and she doesn’t even hesitate to come right over. They showed up within minutes of each other...Joe and I off to the doc in a box and Natalie to tend to one of the two girls who had simultaneously woken up screaming…hours later, I had a tetanus shot and a “super glued” finger to show for it! How is that for a great day?!!! Wink! Wink! And what does my sweet man have to say to all that, "Honey, if you wanted me to come home early, you didn't have to go and cut your fingers all up!"

4 comments:

Maggie Pelton said...

Oh my goodness!! I'm so sorry about your day and your hand! You poor thing. I hope they gave you some really great pain meds so you sleep really well tonight.

natalie said...

Sometimes when you answer the phone and hear, "I need you. Please come now." You just MOVE. You DON'T hesitate. I was on my way out of the door before I even processed that Susie was the one hurt and that the kids were okay. "I'm going to pass out" were the last words I heard. I called to Dwayne, who was home for lunch, "Susie needs me. Bring Meryt on your way back to the office." I think if I'd driven any faster, I would have been flying!!! When I got there, she probably wished she'd called someone else because my plan was to get her to the emergency room or doc in the box. I had absolutely no plans of looking at her bloody hand!!! I was as thankful as she was when Joe got home and could look at it!

Kelly said...

Suz!! What an awful day! The almost passing out reminds me of the time you and Joe stopped at a wreck on the way to the Peltons and you had to lay down in the grass b/c you almost passed out!!! ha!

The Greers said...

Susie! That was such a "raw" post. So sorry all that happened to you, but glad to know that I'm not the only mama that has days like that and can be honset about it!!!!! Maddox has been very challenging when it comes to discipline. I would love to hear how y'all handle certain situations!